I’m feeling trivial today. Here are some silly things you might not have known. See if you can give me an answer to number 10.
1. The human body produces its own supply of alcohol naturally 24/7.
Hmm, mine must be the exception, which explains my need to give mother nature a regular helping hand.
2. The origin of the English world ‘orgasm’ derives from the Greek ‘orgaein’, meaning to swell, to become excited or lustful.
3. Someone paid $14,000 for the bra Marilyn Monroe wore in some like it hot.
4. Talking of bras, the average size today is 36C but ten years ago it was apparently 34B.
5. Your tongue is apparently the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.
I can think of another that no man I know would willingly part with.
6. Jazz fans and gun owners are among the most sexually active people in America.
I totally don’t get that one. What’s the connection between the two groups? More to the point, how do they know this?
7. According to statistics, Australian women are most likely to have sex on the first date.
8. It’s impossible for most people to lick their own elbow.
Try it! Go on, I dare you.
9. Fishing is the biggest participant sport in the world.
Probably wouldn’t be if fish had any say in the matter!
10. Okay, see if you know this one. Which is the world’s best-selling book and also the most shoplifted?